Subject: Re: Proper way to do C++ development under -current
To: Rick Byers , Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@excite.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2000 06:21:14
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:58:43 -0500 (EST), Rick Byers wrote:

>  On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Urban Boquist wrote:
>
>  > Rick> What is the proper way to do real C++ development in NetBSD?
>  >
>  > On i386 I use pkgsrc/lang/gcc (2.95.2) together with the flag
>  > -fsjlj-exceptions and it has been working relatively well. At least
>  > _much_ better than the stock NetBSD gcc which I agree is almost
>  > unusable when it comes to C++...
>
>  Excellent, that -fsjlj-exceptions flag did the trick.  It doesn't appear
>  to be documented in the man pages or info file.  The only documentation I
>  found was in the gcc source which says using the "setjump/longjump"
>  approach is the default (obviously not the case).  Just out of curiosity,
>  does anyone know why this flag is necessary on NetBSD/i386?
>
>  Maybe it should be made the default mode for our gcc pacakge (atleast on
>  i386 anyway)?

I was under the impression that it was already set as the default by Krister
some time ago.

In fact a quick search of the mailing archives returned this link

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2000/06/08/0013.html

Nick
--
aka skrll@netbsd.org, nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite UK
 Visit http://inbox.excite.co.uk/