Subject: Re: Problems with various window managers
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Secret Asian Man <cchen@nougat.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/2000 12:45:03
On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 04:23:55PM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> I just tried recompiling Imlib with gcc 2.95.2, same problem. Then I tried
> recompiling sawfish with the newer gcc, and the problem is still
> happening. It must be a problem with Imlib or gdk-pixbuf... or a problem
> with NetBSD itself.

I'm seeing a weird problem when using gtk themes that use pixmaps with
sawfish. For example, using sawfish with the gtk theme "Adept-Premier"
(The "Pixmap" theme also does this) try and open the sawfish root menu;
it'll draw the background pixmap, but the text will not appear, and
the X session will freeze for a minute or two.

Strange.

Any ideas?

I've tried recompiling imlib with imagemagick installed (wasn't before)
and that didn't seem to help...

cc

--
Christopher Kyin-hwa Chen <cchen@nougat.org>