Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2000 17:55:17
On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 03:30:34PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

 > >No, that's the MTU of the *VLAN* interface, not the underlying Ethernet
 > >interface.
 >
 > Then it doesn't acutally do what was asked for.

What on earth are you talking about?  As far as I can tell, you
are totally confused.  Let me set the record stright:

	If the Ethernet interface supports ETHERCAP_VLAN_MTU, the
	VLAN interface connected to that Ethernet interface will
	have an MTU of 1500.  Otherwise, the VLAN interface connected
	to the Ethernet interface will have an MTU of 1496.  The
	MTU of the Ethernet interface always is 1500.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>