Subject: Re: Problems with various window managers
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/2000 17:47:59
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> Have you tried the "official" XFree86 3.3.6 rather than via xsrc?
> Also, have you tried 4.0.1?

No, not yet... but I just rebuilt the one from current xsrc (as opposed to
the 1.5_ALPHA2 binaries), I'll be doing some testing on that in a bit.

> If it is some VM bug that is triggered by this window manager you might
> try running the window manager remotely.  You could try it with
> a different malloc as well. :)

I don't have any non-NetBSD boxes to run it remotely from.

> If there is pixmap corruption occurring inside the X server it seems like
> it would appear with more than just those two window managers.

I've only used those two and WindowMaker, and I don't use
pixmaps with WindowMaker, so I don't know if it affects any others.

> Do they use a common pixmap or graphics library that is not used by KDE
> or other "normal" window managers that are commonly in use?

Hmm, both use Imlib I think... not sure about gdk-pixbuf, or if either of
those are even relevant.

> -Andrew

Jared