Subject: Re: Problems with various window managers
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/2000 03:23:15
Jared D. McNeill writes:
> Sorry, yes it's on i386. No,I  haven't tried disabling those options; but
> I didn't think it was an X problem, more of a NetBSD problem. The system
> is currently running 1.5H, but I've experienced the problem as long as I
> can remember, and with different video cards etc.

Have you tried the "official" XFree86 3.3.6 rather than via xsrc?
Also, have you tried 4.0.1?

If it is some VM bug that is triggered by this window manager you might
try running the window manager remotely.  You could try it with
a different malloc as well. :)

If there is pixmap corruption occurring inside the X server it seems like
it would appear with more than just those two window managers.

Do they use a common pixmap or graphics library that is not used by KDE
or other "normal" window managers that are commonly in use?

-Andrew