Subject: Re: Problems with various window managers
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/2000 09:33:18
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> I've been having one fairly serious problem with two window managers ever
> since I first started using NetBSD. I don't know what causes it, and it's
> difficult to describe. But basically, the window borders on windows go
> black in Sawfish and Enlightenment at times, and once one goes black all
> of the others do the same until the WM is restarted. An example of what
> happens: http://invisible.yi.org/~jmcneill/black.png, note the AbiWord
> window.

Can you tell me more about your problem?

What port?

What NetBSD version?

What version of X?

Does this problem ever occur in any other window managers?

How does your mouse act when this happens? (Does it get forced to where it
can't be moved outside of a window?)

You say "until the WM is restarted" -- is this restarted manually by you
or is this automatic?

I am curious: does your load average shoot up?

(I also have strange X crashing behaviour since last February with
numerous versions of blackbox.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/