Subject: Re: dhclient
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2000 19:49:36
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:

> In message <wkbswe47cb.fsf@idris.laine.org>, Laine Stump writes:
> >This has been the case on my system ("RealPC", i386) for several
> >months. Ted did "some stuff" to the code awhile back, but it didn't
> >help my situation - once it starts up, dhclient gets its lease, then
> >continues using 95% of CPU until I kill it.
>
> I believe RealPC is the same code, so it's probably their fault.

Are you expanding on my joke, or is there actually a company called
"RealPC"? I was just referring to the fact that I'm running on actual
i386 hardware, not on an emulator ;-)

> >Are you sure it's random, or is the server giving you a very long
> >lease time (the lease times I get from RCN's cable service really are
> >in the 20 year range).
>
> It varies by a fair amount.
>
> If it's happening to you too, I think it's time to build with debugging and
> start testing.  ;)

Yeah probably. It hasn't been high enough on my personal list of
things to do, though. Similarly with the new problem I'm seeing with
dhcpd. I'd hate to see 1.5 released with problems like this, though...