Subject: Re: memory management fault - core dumps
To: netbsd alpha <netbsd_alpha@yahoo.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/2000 23:06:11
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, netbsd alpha wrote:
> > so it's missing syscall-template.S? from the source,
> > it seem's like it's the MIT-pthreads included with
> > mysql.

Like I had mentioned when reporting the cause of the "select now()"
failure on alpha, perhaps someone should try using one of the more
maintained threading packages, instead of the MIT pthreads that comes
with mysql? Apparently, PTL2 (devel/ptl2 in pkgsrc) is an implementation
of the POSIX threading API that supports preemptive scheduling, so it
might be a good choice. I'm not a mysql user, and am really busy with
other stuff, so I don't really have the time/inclination to see what
it'd take to use another threading package. Perhaps someone else might
take a look at it though :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++