Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Terminal Server
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/2000 03:24:29
[ On , October 16, 2000 at 23:15:44 (-0700), Michael Graff wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Terminal Server
>
> We use "conserver" which is somewhare on www.gnac.net.
>
> It requires a bit of porting, but IMHO it is better than rtty.

I thought it was (at the time I looked at it about two years ago) a step
in the right direction, but I still didn't find any compelling reason to
use it over and above screen....

What I really would like to see is a complete terminal server
implementation for Unix, which could of course include logging of tty
sessions, terminal emulation ala screen, whatever.  I would imagine that
it wouldn't take too much to glue together existing software such as
screen and/or kermit, pppd, etc. to do all the fancy stuff my little
DECserver machines do.  After all Xylogics did essentially the same
thing with a ROM-able Unix kernel.....

--
							Greg A. Woods