Subject: Re: silo overflows
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2000 18:58:28
> > I just got an asus A7V motherboard and 850 MHz athlon,
> > moved my hard drive over from the P233 that was my netbsd
> > machine, and now have silo overflows. What gives? Is this
>
> What other activity has the machine when you see the overflows ?
> It could be hardware related; maybe the I/O chip is at lower priority
> than other devices ...

The apparent common occurence that triggers the silo overflows
is disk access, like during a build. My P233 didn't do this.
I would think that the faster athlon would get out of the way
sooner, not later, and not be blocking serial interrupts. I do
think that the priorities are such that the com ports are lower
than the ide ports on this board. I am not sure though, that the
asus triton II board was any different.  How about spl levels?
have they changed?

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net