Subject: Re: pr(1) inconsistency with history...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/2000 13:01:35
[ On Saturday, October 14, 2000 at 14:31:16 (-0700), Greywolf wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: pr(1) inconsistency with history...
>
> pr(1) used to honor form feeds as page breaks.  It was a nice way to
> force page headers and new pages.  I'm a bit bothered that it's been
> broken for who knows how long.  At the very least I am surprised.

It's been "broken" ever since the former GNU version that was in
NetBSD-0.9 was replaced with the 4.4BSD version.

The Plan-9 version does the right thing.  I don't know if the the Plan 9
Open Source License Agreement is in keeping with TNF goals or not (it
seems it should), but if so perhaps it's time to return to "Our Roots",
so to speak and replace the incomplete 4.4 version with the one from
Plan 9 (though I don't know if the Plan 9 version is POSIX.2 compatible
or not).

--
							Greg A. Woods