Subject: Re: USB scanners
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/2000 02:25:50
| I've still not had any feedback from people with USB scanners about
| the new driver.  The driver is now available in current, so if you are
| running current and have a Epson or HP scanner (see uscanner(4)
| for details), could you please try it out.

  Ok, I think I figured it out, uscanner has major 75, right?

  The results are not very good I'm afraid. The scanner is not
always detected during boot, and if not, I can't seem to make
it appear later (plug off and on again doesn't help).

  When it is detected, an access of the uscanner0 device with
"scanimage" just hung hard, pointer frozen.

  What now?

	mjl