Subject: Re: tlp driver panic() bug: PR kern/10892
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/2000 01:03:57
On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 05:04:12PM +0200, Feico Dillema wrote:
> I am back to using a tlp (Xircom CB-10/100) cardbus ethernet card in
> my laptop, and am therefor back at the problem I reported some time
> ago in PR kern/10892. The problem still exists on the 1.5-branch (just
> upgraded to latest 1.5 sources). I have no clue how to debug this one
> further, but can test any solutions again that you may throw at me.

`Fixed' this problem for a while by increasing NMBCLUSTERS to 2048.
Avoids panics, but performance is miserable (< 100KBs on a 100Mbs
net). Just upgraded to NetBSD-current (from 1.5 branch), and now
everything is fine again for me (no panics, great performance).

Would it be possible to pull-up current tlp driver to 1.5 branch?
It would be a pity to release 1.5 with a broken driver...

Feico.