Subject: Re: restore: hole in map
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@nospam.office.emsi.priv.at>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/2000 17:12:34
On Tue 10 Oct 2000 at 11:38:18 +0000, Martin J. Laubach wrote:
> | $ sudo restore -i -b512
> | Password:
> | hole in map
> |
> | Is this a bug in dump? I'm looking at the source now, but does anybody
> | have an idea what to do?
>
>   I seem to remember a recent Free- or OpenBSD bug report that
> mentioned that "hole in map" thing. It had something to do with
> the size of the dump file IIRC, but perhaps check it out yourself.

Thanks! It is OpenBSD pr #1398,
http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/wwwgnats.pl/full/1398

> (And file a PR if we have the same problem)

The patch in there seems to solve my problem. I will file a pr shortly.

> 	mjl
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.