Subject: X11 forwarding not working with in-tree sshd
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/2000 12:44:59
Last night I updated the sources on my 1.5_ALPHA2 machine, rebuilt,
then did a pkg_delete of ssh so that I could use the one that's now in
the tree (I didn't change any of the ssh configuration files). ssh
connections still work, and X11 forwarding works with this machine as
a client connecting to an older 1.5_ALPHA system (ie one that's still
using the pkgsrc ssh) as server, but the sshd on this machine now
denies X11 forwarding.

  Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.

/etc/sshd_config has:

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

and I'm using -X on my ssh commandline. /etc/rc.d/sshd is the latest
one from the tree.

Is anyone successfully doing X11 forwarding with the in-tree sshd? ANy ideas why it's stopped working for me?