Subject: Re: LFS partition limitations
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/2000 10:55:14
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:
}On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 11:10:45PM -0500, Tracy J. Di Marco White wrote:
}>
}> Currently:
}>
}> lyra:/stuff# df -k .
}> Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
}> /dev/raid0d  54912677  7583326 46780225    13%    /stuff
}>
}> lyra:/stuff# du -sk .
}> 2392785 .
}>
}> lyra:/stuff# du -a|wc -l
}>   115295
}>
}> The space used seems excessive for what's there.
}>
}> lfs_cleanerd wasn't running most of today, as the window I was running
}> it in in debug mode died, and I was gone.  So garbage collection has
}> only been running for about 2 hours total since my earlier message.
}
}Hum, sure. looks like LFS has problems with large partitions. Could you
}also send-pr this one ?

Done.  I think I'm going to end up having FFS on this partition, as I
need to get it into normal service as soon as possible (within a week
at most), but I do appreciate your help.

I just hope the machine never crashes, fsck will take a while.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu