Subject: Re: Can't pap authenticate with 1.5?
To: Ian Dall <ian@beware.dropbear.id.au>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/2000 09:03:36
On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 10:23:48PM +0930, Ian Dall wrote:
> "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com> writes:
>
> > Ok, I'm trying to get my 486 to run my ppp connection for my little net.
> > I have it working currently with an Alpha running 1.4.2, and am having
> > trouble getting the i386 working with it running 1.5_ALPHA2.
> >
> > I'm using the exact same config files on both machines, save for differences
> > in which tty is hooked up to the modem. I'm using pap with no problems
> > on the Alpha.

> > The error I get is "remote host is not authorized for ip 209.42.217.9".
>
> I get the same thing. I am about to run gdb on it as soon as my wife
> lets me take down the link. Looking at the log, it has nothing to do
> with pap. This message comes out after pap authorisation has

I got a couple of emails from people suggesting I try the "noauth" option
to pppd. The idea is that I don't want my machine trying to verify that
it actually got the right machine on the other end. I haven't had a
chance to try it yet, my machine is in pieces on my desk waiting on
a better serial card.

See if that does the trick.

My end of the semester blues (March 22, 1999 9:23pm):
          "I'M GOING TO DIE! ..... This calls for pretzels!"