Subject: Re: build error
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2000 21:55:04
On Sat 30 Sep 2000 at 23:21:11 +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >/vol1/rhialto/sup/root/src/usr.sbin/pim6sd/cftoken.l:543: `MASKLEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
> >/vol1/rhialto/sup/root/src/usr.sbin/pim6sd/cftoken.l:543: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> >/vol1/rhialto/sup/root/src/usr.sbin/pim6sd/cftoken.l:543: for each function it appears in.)
> >*** Error code 1 (continuing)
> >`realall' not remade because of errors.
>
> 	This does not repeat for me.  could you perform the following, to make
> 	sure that you do not have dangling binaries or yacc/lex output?
>
> 	make cleandir

Ah! I think I see a potential problem here. Although this does

rm -f <lots of stuff, including *.o *.ln> y.tab.h cftoken.c cfparse.c

it does that in the objdir (obj.alpha in my case), but the latter 3
files are not in there. I removed them by hand, and they were then
re-generated in the objdir, and compiling correctly.

Maybe I once ran a make in this directory without having an objdir...

Thanks for the suggestion, it got me on the right track.

> itojun
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.