Subject: Re: i386-current: Perl dynaloader mysteriously failing?
To: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2000 10:02:53
------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0

> Without warning, I've suddenly found myself on a system where
> perl's dynamic loader is failing, and it's taking several
> applications with it.  Would a dated ld.elf_so cause this problem?
> Does anyone else see this problem?

Did it ever work?  What's the error message?  What platform?  What
version of perl?

I did see a similar problem on 1.4.2/i386 with perl 5.6, but it
caused the install to fail.  -current/i386 with ELF instead of
a.out didn't have this problem though, so I suspect you are seeing
something different ...

Regards,

Giles

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0