Subject: Re: need good uaudio device
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gopi D Flaherty <gf2e+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2000 01:55:34
Excerpts from mail: 27-Sep-100 Re: need good uaudio device by Thor
Lancelot Simon@rek.
> Oops.  I believe you lose -- I don't think USB audio *sources* (that is, USB
> targets that source audio, not hosts that feed audio to USB targets that are
> speakers) are standardised.

The USB standards documents list them, and things such as the standard
MacOS USB audio drivers support many devices.  I believe that they are
standardized, though there are many, many variations on the standard...

gopi.

[       Gopi Flaherty       |   "...and if I opened my heart to you     ]
[    gf2e@andrew.cmu.edu    |        and showed you my weak side,       ]
[ Computer Science Major    |             what would you do?"           ]
[ Author of NewtKey, the Newton Keyboard driver for Newtons with OS 1.x ]
[     Check out http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/gf2e/newtkey      ]
[  (c) Gopi Flaherty 2000 Not for distribution on the Microsoft Network ]