Subject: Re: Microtech USB to SCSI converter
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/2000 22:18:44
}It's very strange that you get no response at all when you plug it in.
}Normally the kernel always says soemthing.  Have you tried booting
}with the device plugged in?

Yep.  This is what I have:
usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

}Looking at the Linuyx dump I'd say there's a fair chance that it
}could work with NetBSD if the kernel was just able to find it.

This is the first USB device I've played with, so I suppose it could
be not working correctly.

}Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
}
}> I've had a chance to play with a Microtech USB to SCSI converter cable,
}> It's got a DB25 SCSI connection.  I plug it in, I see no response to
}> it being plugged in, and I have USBVERBOSE enabled.  I'm running 1.5ALPHA
}> on i386.
}>
}> My husband was able to get it probed under Linux, what that showed I
}> saved in http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gendalia/Microtech.
}>
}> Tracy J. Di Marco White
}> Project Vincent Systems Manager