Subject: Bootable CD question
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: CyberSpiff <spiff@cybernarian.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/2000 10:08:25
This one really has me stumped. I built the latest current (avoiding the
cleandir errors), and tried to build a bootable CD. For some reason, the CD is
bootable from SCSI cdroms but not from IDE cdroms. I'm sure that I must have
done something wrong. But, to confuse the matter more, on the same IDE cdroms
Linux boots fine.

Here's what I used to make the ISO image:

mkhybrid -o output.iso -b i386/installation/floppy/boot-big.fs \
 -c boot.catalog -a -l -J -r -L /usr/src/release

And to burn the image:

cdrecord -v dev=/dev/cd0d speed=4 output.iso

Any help?

 -spiff