Subject: Re: AFS for 1.5?
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/2000 11:10:08
--==_Exmh_463319031P

On 11 Sep 2000 16:58:25 +0200, Johan Danielsson says
>Is it really, or is that just how it feels? The fact that it only
>caches whole files, tend to give you a longer delay before the data is
>available.

I use KDE on my 400MHz Pentium workstation running 1.5alpha.  When I have
Arla running, it takes ~90 seconds to log in and the disk activity is
constant.  When Arla is not running, it takes ~15 seconds.  Nothing in my
login sequence should be looking at AFS; none of my binaries or homedirs
are in AFS.

I don't know what the cause of this delay is; the (IDE) disk is being hit
hard but the CPU is 95% free.

	-Kevin

--==_Exmh_463319031P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBObz1z34qeMKIUCpVAQHV2gP+KN4eXBqC/hpt8idHzrNgDLXsAeUJs6Ya
Y9a3iFhYA7EpJSpV2wUtiNAKHxSZpEiuBAm+J3pjLVDYd+cWpOHiOtq2HwvkmuVe
T8jyp3dUxyeZZTN+FsRS+De/rTKPDIzq8f9NxIqXqZzyR9GYjSaV7h6myHHlJOrr
K4yTr8VJkek=
=ZjDy
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_463319031P--