Subject: Re: spam to my list address
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/2000 19:12:21
Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com> writes:
> On 9 Sep 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
>
> : > >even if 'who' was completely disabled, there are other ways to get all
> : > >or most e-mail addresses subscribed to the lists.
> : >
> : > granted, but it will keep the casually perusing spamfarmer out.
>
>   [...]
>
> : As I said, it's an exercise for the reader.  However, I suspect that
> : anybody with the clue to use 'who' can use this mechanism (it's just
> : as easy).
>
> I suppose you're trying to imply EXPN, or perhaps a DSN request header?

nope, neither.  And, i'm trying to imply neither; it's an exercise for
the reader.  8-)

> The former doesn't work on the NetBSD lists (they use resend); the latter
> doesn't work on the mail server I care about (mine).  8^)

I know what the NetBSD lists do, more or less; i was one of the people
who sent them up, though i've not kept abreast of their maintenance.
8-P

I've never even heard of "DSN request," tho -- i dunno what it does or
is.

cgd