Subject: Re: quickly find what applications are affected by RSA
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2000 14:09:44
>> >How can I quickly find (or create) a list of BSD-related applications that
>> >use the RSA algorithm?
>> >(Not exactly, NetBSD related: OpenBSD says "A clever trick allows us to
>> >distribute the same CD-ROM (USA and the rest of the world) and maintain
>> >full strength crypto without violating the RSA patent in the USA." Does
>The "clever trick" is ignoring the entire body of statute, regulation, and
>precedent relating to contributory patent infringement.  Quite a trick,
>huh?

	if you could, could you elaborate/give more background of the above
	statement?  pleaes give me an URL or whatever...
	(especially when you send a message to public, with some text which can
	be considered an attack to other project...)

	netbsd have been shipping openssl pkgsrc, which include RSA.  why
	netbsd pkgsrc is not considered a contributory patent infringement and
	openbsd (RSA-only) binary package is?

itojun