Subject: Re: 1.5 status???
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2000 16:30:46
On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 11:59:18AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, David Maxwell wrote:
>
> TNF never infringed on RSA's patent, so we have nothing to worry about.

No, but if we incorporate code that did, that would worry me.

> > Then you get into the game of "but really, we developed all this code
> > this morning..." ;-)
> Such a distinction is not meaningful. Public domain means "no
> restrictions". The only "exception" to their announcement, is that

public domain != amnesty.

If you break a law and the law is subsequently changed, you may still
face charges for your transgression, correct?

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown