Subject: Re: Getting crypto...
To: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/2000 21:22:53
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Grey Wolf wrote:

> I do a cvs co -c, and it shows that we are still entertaining a
> cryptosrc-us; am I remembering differently, or did we not get rid
> of cryptosrc-us in favour of a centralized cryptosrc?

Yes, for 1.5. It's still possible to check out older releases, plus
cryptosrc-us/crypto-us is still needed for not-yet-released 1.4.3.

> /me is quite confused at this point as I am on 1.4[XYZ] trying to
> upgrade to 1.5 via the build method.  I'm following the directions
> in the /usr/src/UPDATING file, but I can't build a kernel because
> it's got the IPv6 and IPSec stuff in it but can't find it in my
> tree.

When you do a "cvs update -P -d" in "src", it will create a "crypto"
directory which is just a directory and not a module. You can delete
src/domestic, and delete it's entry from src/CVS/Entries (or just
leave it, your choice).

> I'm going to co cryptosrc-us and see if this helps the cause; cvs update
> failed to update everything, evidently.

Don't bother. You did do an update with "-d"?

Frederick