Subject: Dual booting...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/2000 19:27:37
--ktyc2UzNUDZzGzis

I just installed the NetBSD i386/1.5_ALPHA2 snapshot on a spare partition
on my laptop, and the boot selector seems not to have done anything.

I can boot from a floppy and say "boot wd0a:netbsd" and it works, but
on booting I don't see anything useful happening. There is one point at
which I see naught but a cursor in the top left position, and it seems
that if I hit "escape" there it'll wait around. Maybe this is a boot
menu that's for some reason not displaying?

FWIW, this is a Compaq Armada.

Can someone point me to documentation for what we're using as a boot
selector? Is this osbs? In any event, is there a way I can play with it
from the NetBSD side?

Thanks in advance!

(I'm setting this up for use at SANS. Any NetBSD folk gonna be there?)

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss             (( "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind drea=
ms
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  )) build  their nest  with fragments  dropp=
ed
http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net ((  from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tago=