Subject: Re: z-axis and usb wheel mouse
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net@>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2000 20:25:06
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 05:36:41PM -0700, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> >
> > How does one enable the wheel on a usb wheel mouse to send z-axis X11

I've never seen a freely-moving wheel, they all have click-step motion.
I don't think the mouse tracks a 'position' on the Z-axis, just click up
and click down.

Of course, you can arbitrarily create a 'Z' in software, though the
resolution will be poor.

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 04:30:01PM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> 	I've got this working with a "ZAxisMapping 4 5" in the Pointer

> (yes, this is in need of a FAQ)

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/x/#wheel-mouse

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me