Subject: Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA/ISAPnP support?
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/2000 19:31:48
On 26 Aug 2000, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> The EtherExpress Pro/10 are ISA cards supported by the iy(4)
> driver. The EtherExpress Pro/10+ are PCI cards supported by the fxp(4)
> driver. Besides attaching on different busses, the chipsets are quite
> different.

There is also an EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA card:

http://www.intel.com/network/products/pro10lan.htm
http://www.intel.com/network/tech_specs/pro10lan.htm

I'm pretty sure that it uses a different chipset than the Pro/10 ISA; I
remember reading that somewhere a long time ago while trying to get one
running with Linux.

> The ISA cards are OK, but not great. There's no support for the ISAPnP
> mode, so you need to configure non-ISAPnP mode and a sane IRQ and IO
> port range with the Windows-based config tool.

I had to disable ISA PnP on the card to get it working in Linux
anyway; and I have since booted the NetBSD installation floppies, and they
only detect the ep card installed.

Thanks,
Jared