Subject: Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet card support ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@uswest.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/24/2000 21:55:08
I posted a message a few weeks ago to current-users to see if anyone has
been working on a driver for the Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet card, but I
never got a response and thought I'd follow up again...

I'm still trying to get a driver to work, but it is slow work mainly
because I haven't come across a good "how-to" document for doing this. If
anyone can point me to such a document, or share some constructive words
of wisdom on this process, it would be appreciated (I've already reviewed
the document about a pseudo driver and the notes about porting FreeBSD
drivers to NetBSD on www.netbsd.org, but they haven't helped much).

For those not familiar with the LNE100TX, it uses the ADMtek AN983
chip. OpenBSD and FreeBSD both support this, but there internal
structure for the driver seems vastly different than what NetBSD does.
I have a copy of the specifcation for the ADMtek AL981 (which NetBSD
supports) and the AN983, and in creating a new driver I am trying to
isolate the differences between the two specifications and then make
appropriate changes in the code.

In case anyone is interested, here is what I am seeing from dmesg and
ifconfig about my driver:

callisto:{root}# dmesg | grep tlp
tlp0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: ADMtek AN983 Ethernet, pass 1.1
tlp0: interrupting at irq 10
tlp0: Ethernet address 00:20:78:0d:d9:b5
tlp0: receive process failed to idle: state RUNNING - WAIT
tlp0: receive process failed to idle: state RUNNING - WAIT
tlp0: receive process failed to idle: state RUNNING - WAIT
callisto:{root}# ifconfig tlp0
tlp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        media: Ethernet none (none)
        inet 161.134.131.254 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 161.134.131.255
        inet6 fe80::220:78ff:fe0d:d9b5%tlp0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
callisto:{root}# uname -a
NetBSD callisto.niangua.net 1.5_ALPHA2 NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA2
(CALLISTO) #2: Thu Aug 24 02:16:18 CDT 2000
bstark@callisto.niangua.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/CALLISTO i386
callisto:{root}#

Brian Stark
bstark@uswest.net