Subject: perl conflicts?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/2000 02:52:09
 Perl 5.004_04 is giving me problems on my machine again (1.4.2/i386
generic). If I have mysqld or a java (I've tried both kaffe and the ported
jdk) program running at the same time, perl scripts that used to work
suddenly stop. The perl interpreter complains of errors within some of the
perl libraries (usually CGI.pm). None of the .pm files the interpreter
complains about have been changed (their modification dates are the same).

On an semi-unrelated note, has anyone had much luck with jdk or kaffe? I
keep getting errors like this:
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/ClassFormatError:
        at java.lang.System.<clinit>(System.java:83)
Abort (core dumped)

My CLASSPATH is set to /usr/pkg/kaffe/share/kaffe:.
Sometimes it will run, sometimes it won't. Other times, nothing happens,
and I get my command prompt back. It doesn't seem to matter if CLASSPATH
is set or not either.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

// Erik Huizing   huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca