Subject: uaudio?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gopi D Flaherty <gf2e+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/2000 18:50:45
Hi,

I'm currently running NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA with the generic kernel, on a
machine with on-board USB and a Telex audio in device.  It is recognized
at bootup, but it appears impossible to actually do any audio recording
with the various programs that I've tried from the packages collection.
None of them succeed in opening the the device.  I can't cat it either;
Invalid argument is the message.

I would appreciate any pointers from anybody, including any reports of
audio recording success...

Thanks.

gopi.

from dmesg:
uaudio0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0: Telex
Communications, Inc.
Telex USB microphone, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
uaudio0: streaming interface 1, audio rev 1.00
audio0 at uaudio0: half duplex

[       Gopi Flaherty       |   "...and if I opened my heart to you     ]
[    gf2e@andrew.cmu.edu    |        and showed you my weak side,       ]
[ Computer Science Major    |             what would you do?"           ]
[ Author of NewtKey, the Newton Keyboard driver for Newtons with OS 1.x ]
[     Check out http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/gf2e/newtkey      ]
[  (c) Gopi Flaherty 2000 Not for distribution on the Microsoft Network ]