Subject: Re: "airport"-friendly wireless networking?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/20/2000 14:51:17
In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.10008201547590.13842-100000@paddedcell.psychoses.org>
, James Sharp writes:
>eBay.  Its the solution to all the problems.  I've found a couple of the
>older 2mb cards on there for relatively inexpensive prices.

I'm very unlikely to resume doing business with eBay.  They unilaterally
changed their privacy policy without notification, violated the old one
before the "grace period" was done, carefully "lost" any opt-in/opt-out
settings, and failed to honor account terminations from a number of people
who objected to this.  Basically, once they noticed that some users weren't
active anymore and revenue/user was going down, they decided to change away
from their "we will leave you alone" policy, and they told some pretty
incredible lies in the process.

They are not, currently, listed on the RBL.  They could easily be listed if
they repeat any of their previous tricks.

-s