Subject: Re: netbsd-1-5 build failures
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/20/2000 16:14:33
>>        so, today, did "cvs update" from /usr/src.
>Check /usr/src/share, you will find that Makefile and Makefile.inc
>are MISSING. Your update output probably has a message about those
>two being "no longer in the repository".
>I ran into this a month ago and requested that a CVS guru investigate it.
>It was suggested that I use -rnetbsd-1-5 with the update command, but that
>did not prevent the files from disappearing.
>So I have given up on release branch update operations for the time being.

	i think i have experienced this once, with:
		cd /usr/src; cvs update -d -P
	i think your guess is correct, cvs is doing something funkey with
	CVS/Root and some other files, and tries to update src/share
	with basesrc/share, not sharesrc/share.
	after that, i almost always use something like below.

cd /usr/src
cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-1-5 [A-Z]*
foreach i ([a-z]*)
(cd $i; cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-1-5)