Subject: Re: Postfix
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Pete Naylor <pete@supernal.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2000 17:49:13
Hauke Fath wrote...

> [/etc/sendmail.cf snipped]
>
> >I think the level of verbosity speaks for itself. Someone will be
> >able to learn postfix much faster than sendmail.
>
> Everyone has their favourite strawman, no?
> Why not point the freshman sysadmin to
>
> 	/usr/share/sendmail/cf/netbsd-proto.mc

Or point them to www.sendmail.org, www.postfix.org, www.qmail.org,
www.exim.org, etc.  If the basic out-of-the-box sendmail.cf doesn't suit
them (perhaps with a couple of minor tweaks which can easily be documented
or automated in the NetBSD install), it's entirely reasonable to ask
people to read some documentation and perhaps consider options which might
suit their more advanced needs better.  There's no reason to "break" (in
the eyes of those who've become familiar enough with sendmail to do what
they need to do with minimal fuss) the existing tool.

--
Pete Naylor