Subject: Thinkpad 560 and ep0
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@rossem.worldmap.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/2000 20:31:02
I have a Thinkpad 560 with a 3com EtherLink III combo card (3C562D).  I
was running 1.5_ALPHA and decided to move to the main branch.  I
recompiled my kernel and ran make build, and now the ethernet is not
working.  If I reboot with the old 1.5_ALPHA kernel everything is fine.

I started a ping on the thinkpad to my gateway and sniffed with tcpdump
at the thinkpad and the gateway.  I can see the arp request to and
response from the gateway, but the thinkpad doesn't see the response.
If I set the arp statically, I see the icmp request and response at the
gateway but again the thinkpad doesn't see it.

Any thoughts on what might have changed?

Thanks!  Mike.