Subject: Re: Postfix
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/2000 22:16:28
Hi,

If I may jump into this conversation. I found this link to a IPv6 patch
for postfix.

http://www.misiek.eu.org/ipv6/postfix-ver20000514-ipv6-20000522.patch.gz

It looks like it is against the dev version of postfix and I think it might
also be Linux specific. (Polish Linux distro.)

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 12:44:41PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 12:34:07PM -0700, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>
>  > Very good point! If we want the system to function out of the box, we
>  > need an SMTP *sending* system, not a receiving one. This leads to a
>  > higher level of security because there is one less port being
>  > listened on by bloatware. Of course, we could ship postfix the same
>  > way, but (as is pointed out many times) it isn't IPv6 yet.
>
> Actually, making postfix IPv6 capable in the minimalist sense should
> be quite easy...
>
> --
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>

Best Regards
Willem Brown
--
 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

If at first you don't succeed, give up, no use being a damn fool.