Subject: Re: Zope on 1.5A?
To: Leonard Sitongia <sitongia@uswest.net>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/2000 03:16:51
On Sat 29 Jul 2000 at 09:32:16 -0600, Leonard Sitongia wrote:
> I got it going using the GNU pth portable threads library, itself built with
> pthread compatibility.

Remember that pth is *not* pre-emptive. Now python does not care, but
perhaps whatever is written in Python does.

I had most success with

CONFIGURE_ARGS  += --with-thread=/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib
CC = /usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc

added to the Makefile, and (re)moving the pth pthreads just to be sure.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.