Subject: Re: Postfix
To: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/10/2000 14:23:44
On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Geoff Wing wrote:

> (*) - when I build I union mount an LFS filesystem over the source
>     filesystem (which through personal preference I prefer to keep
>     as an unmodified CVS checkout) though given the hiccups with LFS -
>     e.g. changes to the kernel/cleaner requiring me to re-newfs it -
>     I don't keep that many alterations to the trunk.  In fact, currently
>     I only have three: gnu/usr.sbin/Makefile removing postfix build,
>     a change to pppd.h making pppd use a different syslog facility and,
>     currently, a small change to sys/netinet/if_arp.c making it print
>     the IP address it couldn't allocate an llinfo for.  And whilst I
>     can remake all three easily enough, I'd prefer not to have the need.

	Random suggestions on this:

	pppd:
	    Add 'CPPFLAGS+=-DLOG_PPP=LOG_DAEMON' to /etc/mk.conf

	if_arp.c:
	    Sounds useful enough to include in a PR?

	excluding postfix (or anything else) in a build:
	    It would be nice to fix this in a generic way - any
	    volunteers? One idea would be to have a SUBDIR_EXCLUDE
	    variable. If set, bsd.subdir.mk would run through SUBDIR
	    and remove anything in SUBDIR_EXCLUDE. You would only pay
	    the extra processing cost if SUBDIR_EXCLUDE were set, but
	    it would make it easier to produce 'cut down' builds.

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --