Subject: Re: unproven-pthreads problem (?) Virtual timer expired
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/2000 07:52:20
On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 10:56:46PM +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> On Mon 07 Aug 2000 at 01:33:19 +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > I made a version of languages/python that is (supposed to be)
> > thread-enabled. I did this by adding the following to its Makefile in
> > pkgsrc:
> >
> >         CONFIGURE_ARGS  += --with-thread
> >         CC = /usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc
> >
> > Before that I installed devel/mit-pthreads.
>
> Change: this time I used (an improved) unproven-pthreads.

Not related, but I tried to get gnokii (http://www.gnokii.org/) working
under 1.5 Alpha.  After hacking the configure script and other things, it
compiled OK - but it doesn't work.  It seems gnokii uses a separate thread
for serial port I/O and this thread never gets as far as open()ing the tty
device.  I was using unproven-pthreads (because the other thread package
did not configure under 1.5).

  -jm