Subject: Re: COMPAT_AOUT removal
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2000 10:52:24
    Date:        Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
    From:        Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>

  | I disagree. I've never heard options(4) should be limited to "normally"
  | used options. Yes, "normally" used ones are more _likely_ to be in there,
  | but I was not aware that was policy. :-)

I have no idea what the policy is, that's someone else's business...

Just my opinion ... in general man pages with too much useless information
are no better than man pages with missing useful information.

In any case, it wasn't "normally used" that I said, but "normally should be
used".   That is the options I would omit are the ones generally felt to
only be for people who really know what they're doing, not just ones whose
uses might not be all that common.

kre