Subject: Re: COMPAT_AOUT removal
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/2000 20:54:18
On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Bill Studenmund wrote:

: I disagree. I've never heard options(4) should be limited to "normally"
: used options. Yes, "normally" used ones are more _likely_ to be in there,
: but I was not aware that was policy. :-)

For instance, SETUIDSCRIPTS (which can be a useful option, but dangerous if
the implications are not considered) is listed in options(4), but is only in
sparc's GENERIC (I put it there) and x68k's (copied partly from sparc).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/