Subject: mit-pthreads problem (?) Virtual timer expired; Abort trap (core dumped).
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/2000 01:33:19
I made a version of languages/python that is (supposed to be)
thread-enabled. I did this by adding the following to its Makefile in
pkgsrc:

        CONFIGURE_ARGS  += --with-thread
        CC = /usr/pkg/pthreads/bin/pgcc

Before that I installed devel/mit-pthreads.

Then, as part of trying to build Mojo Nation (see www.mojonation.net), I
(indirectly) invoked a python script that fork()ed and exec()ed:

azenomei.3:~/distfiles/mojonation/extsrc/PyXML-0.5.3$ python setup.py build

Executing 'build' action...

Running command: make -f Makefile.pre.in boot
Virtual timer expired
Abort trap (core dumped)

Whose fault is this, and what can I do about it??? It looks like the
thread library does not properly reset a signal or a signal handler or
something, but on the other hand I did not think signal sources would or
should be inherited across fork() and even less across exec()?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.