Subject: Re: Current on a Dell Latitude CPx
To: Mark Davies <mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Robert Evans <rhe@nosc.ja.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/2000 11:42:11
> Has anyone run NetBSD on a Dell Latitude CPx?

Yup.

>     Audio:  ESS Maestro

The Maestro 3E isn't currently supported.

>     Graphics:  ATI Mobility M1  (does XFree86 support this)

Yup, works fine (Mach64 server).

>     PCMCIA/Cardbus: dont know what the controller is

Yup.  I've got a Xircom CBEM56G (I think -- 56k modem and 10/100 ether)
cardbus card in mine.  You'll need a kernel with PCIBIOS and the *FIXUP
stuff uncommented, but it works just fine.

I've not had enough time to look at the problems yet, but it won't
suspend properly from X, and when you suspend outside X, it drops into
DDB upon a restore.  I will see if I can get a debug kernel and a
backtrace out of it this week...

Rob