Subject: Re: shell expansions
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2000 11:42:00
> # In any case it sure as heck isn't a NetBSD issue!  ;-)
> Which is why I pointed the complaints to the bash support group.

Do I here a call for current-users-pkgsrc ??? ;-)

(It is a netbsd problem in as much as current pkgsrc installs this
version of bash and folks might rightly or wrongly expect an sh-like
shell to behave like one.)

Thanks for the sanity check guys, I had though that the only expansion
under double quotes was supposed to be dollar-signs and back-ticks,
but I was starting to doubt my memory.  I have already fired off a PR
to bash-bugs.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>