Subject: Re: Fix found for nsphys!
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Erich T. Enke <Erich.T.Enke@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/2000 16:13:29
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> I guess this could concern more than this - alpha for sure, maybe sparc,
> cobalt, ... well, anything with a PCI bus :)

Well, feel free to send it farther :)

> > johnh and I found a fix for our nsphy problem today.

I should also include John Darrow here also -- he had some part in it.

> Do you know if the chip revision was different on these boards ?

Wow.  Didn't know about the revisions until just now.  The patch works on
revision 0.  We also have a revision 1 board, which it didn't work on, but
that was a 1.4.2 kernel running 1.3.3 userland with 1.4.1 ifconfig.  Can
someone with a 83840 rev 1 please please please check to see if this patch
works for them?  (if there are any others out there)

Erich