Subject: Re: i386 xterm key bindings
To: None <lavalist@stargate.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/2000 11:40:30
In message <Pine.WNT.4.21.0007251256540.912-100000@burn>"Brian A. Seklecki - St
argate Industries, LLC - NOC" writes

>What about mapping some other keys?  On some terminal emulators I use,
>I've got certain non alpha-numeric keys mapped to send special ASCII
>Control Codes.

Umm - netbsd supports more than just PC keyboards.

The specific instance that bothers me is wscons/x on real, genuine DEC
keyboards of hte LK-201 family, where
	a) the larg delete-left key is expected to  generate ASCII DEL
	b) there is no "del' key in the 66-key keypad.
	c) KP_DEL means something different.

in that situation, the xfree86 "solution" is unusable.
I _think_ I've seen a consensus to  fix it.

Unless someone seriously objects, I'll commit a fix (as outlined
here a couple of weeks ago, probably in the Xterm resource file),
request a pullup, and try to explain to the XFree86 why this
Just Doesnt Work (not that I hold much hope).