Subject: Re: fxp full-duplex broken under 1.5_ALPHA?
To: Erich T. Enke <Erich.T.Enke@wheaton.edu>
From: Erich T. Enke <Erich.T.Enke@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2000 15:41:52
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Erich T. Enke wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Yeah, I have plenty of inphys here that work too.  It's specifically the
> nsphy that doesn't work.  (still working on that machine of mine...)

okay...  I've attempted to upgrade to 1.5_ALPHA.  Everytime previous, I've
booted a GENERIC kernel and tested the card from there.  I've just found
out that INSTALL kernels don't work at _all_ with the fxp nsphy.  I've
tried the 20000713 and 20000620 boot floppies.  Nothing.  This is setting
ifconfig to each media/mediaopt combination, and the same for the
switch.  And the card detects in kern/msgbuf.  Without INSTALL, I can't
upgrade, period.  (and the beginning of the school year gets ever
closer...)

Suggestions, ideas?

Erich Enke
Wheaton College Science Division