Subject: Re: Questions regarding dump
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2000 15:26:44
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> FWIW, on my list of things to do this fall are to implement NDMP (tape
> && data server) for *BSD (I may even have somebody who might pay me to
> do it).

	Sounds good :)

> Dump/Restore should work reasonably well, I agree, but in my opinion it's
> ready for retirement- not renovation. I also have on my list to examine the
> current state of rmt to make sure it's happy.

	Implementing the '-a' flag should be ~ close to trivial, and
	makes it better suited for just about every tape drive people
	have nowdays. Dump/restore still works fine for quite a few
	people, and that would avoid such ugly commandlines as
	'dump -B 102400000 ...' :)

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --